In today’s world, it’s crucial to maintain high standards, especially when it comes to servicing clients. ISO 9001:2015, the international standard for quality management systems, serves as a powerful tool to demonstrate commitment to quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. That’s exactly why we were recertified to ISO 9001 in October 2022. In this blog post, we will be exploring ISO 9001 and discuss why it was the perfect fit for us.
What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised standard, which was developed and published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the organisation for national standards bodies. It provides a framework for businesses to implement and continually improve a robust quality management system (QMS). It is applicable to organisations of any type or size, from small businesses to multinational corporations.
What are the key principles of ISO 9001?
ISO states that there are seven key quality management principles:
- Customer focus: placing customers at the centre of quality objectives to ensure their needs and expectations are met.
- Leadership: establishing a commitment to excellence, while maintaining effective quality management.
- Involvement of people: recognising the importance of an engaged and competent team to ensure we create and deliver value.
- Process approach: enhancing efficiency and effectiveness by adopting a systematic approach to manage all internal and external processes.
- Continual improvement: emphasising the need for continuous improvement through learning and innovation.
- Evidence-based decision-making: using data and information to make informed decisions which result in effective actions.
- Relationship management: nurturing relationships with suppliers, partners and stakeholders to enhance collaboration and quality.
Why did Accuracy Matters choose to implement ISO 9001?
At Accuracy Matters, we’ve always been dedicated to delivering a quality service. It’s one of the principles that we founded the business on back in 2012. Therefore, it seemed only right that we worked towards ISO 9001 certification as we were already undertaking many of these critical actions. Ultimately, accuracy and quality have many similarities.
The principles of ISO 9001 help our business internally, as well as benefiting our clients. They provide the framework to ensure we consistently deliver services to a high standard and plan to continually improve every aspect of our business operations. ISO says it better:
“Using ISO 9001 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good-quality products and services, which in turn brings many business benefits.”
By complying with the ISO 9001 framework, it confirms that we can adequately service our clients’ needs through our operational capacity.
It provides our clients with the peace of mind that our consistent approach allows us to deliver our services regardless of changing circumstances. Additionally, through our continual improvement approach, our clients can be sure that we’re delivering the highest standard of work.
Accuracy and quality go hand in hand
Overall, implementing ISO 9001 was a no brainer as it’s truly a win–win for us and our clients and suppliers. After all, our new slogan is ‘your words in safe hands’, and ISO 9001 is key in helping us to achieve this. By embracing ISO 9001 we’re making a commitment to quality and continued improvements for our clients and promoting sustained success and growth for our business. Who wouldn’t want that?